If you worked in any of these countries, you could be due a Tax Refund

UK Tax Back for Backpackers

#TaxTipsUK #TravelTipsUK

If you worked in the UK, you could be due a tax refund.

Each year thousands of backpackers from all over the world head to the UK to travel and temporarily work. In 2006 more than 46,000 UK working holiday maker visas were issued to people going to the UK.

Travelling the world can be a really rewarding and life-changing experience, but it can also be very expensive and many young people find themselves overpaying tax when working overseas. However, taxback.com has the experience and expertise to help you get back any money you may be owed from the UK, or anywhere else you may have worked.

Only working for part of the tax year is one of the most common reasons people overpay tax in the UK. Often when you’re travelling, you only work intermittently – a few months here and there to fund your travels or for only part of the tax year. Because of this you’re often eligible to get a refund of some of the tax you paid when you were working.

Everyone working in the UK is eligible for a tax free allowance. The 2008-2009 tax year basic personal allowance is £6,035.
Because the tax free allowance in the UK is calculated according to the number of months in the year, it does not allow for people who only work part of the tax year or who leave the UK during the tax year. So if you only worked for a couple of months in the UK you have probably overpaid tax and are owed a UK tax refund.

Also, if you’re continuing your travels and heading somewhere else to work, many countries have a similar tax system – in Australia for example the tax free allowance is AU$6000.

Taxback.com has been getting tax refunds for backpackers in the UK and all over the world since 1996 and can help you get a bit of extra cash in your pocket – who knows, it could help fund your next big trip!


The average UK tax rebate is £963