If you worked in any of these countries, you could be due a Tax Refund

Taxation and tax rates in Australia

Australia is one of the countries most people see as a dream destination for every traveler. Beaches for hundreds of miles, great waves for surfing, Sydney's night life, diving in the Great Reef, beautiful nature untouched by human hands....  So many things to do, so many places to visit – this makes Australia one of the most desired places for Working Holidays.

If you decide to head Down Under, there are a few things you’ll need to know. To start working and earning in Australia you'll need to set up your Australian bank account and get a Tax File Number. When you start work in Australia you will pay taxes at a different rate depending on your total yearly income and your residential status. For the tax year 2009-2010 the tax rates are as follows:

Australian residents:

  • Tax free threshold of $6000 remains the same
  • $6,001 – $35, 000 – 15% rate
  • Earnings between $35,001 and $80,000 have 30% tax rate
  • 38% tax rate for earnings between $80,001 and $180,000

For Australian non-residents:

  • 29% tax rate for earnings between $0- $35,000
  • 30% on earnings between $35,001 and $80,000
  • 38% on earnings between $80,001 and $180,000

In addition to these taxes you will also be paying Superannuation. When you are holding a Working Holiday Visa, or if you’re an international student you will be only working temporarily which means that you will probably be overpaying these taxes. The good news is that at the end of the tax year or when you leave Australia you can always apply to get an Australian tax rebate. All you need to do is fill in our registration form, download and fill in the documents, send them to us and wait for you Australian tax refund. Don’t miss out on your money